Skip to main content

Ballerina Red Shoes

Good. Shoes. Best lightweight sneaker

 
UPDATE (11/24/15) I wrote this goofy review over 4 years ago and these shoes are still in my closet and still look almost new. Now, I have NOT been wearing them daily for four years...that would be pretty impressive. I've gone over to the lower-profile look of Converse shoes. However, I still think these shoes look pretty good, and compared to my flat-bottomed Converse they have better grip on the soles. During a snowstorm last winter, I went out for groceries and didn't want to drive in the harsh conditions, so I threw on a parka and walked to the store (only a mile away) in these shoes...which worked great for that purpose. To keep with the theme of the original review...I wouldn't recommend climbing Mt. Everest in them, but they are great all-purpose shoes. (Also the color I have is still not pictured here...I'll see about uploading a product photo at some point because you might be able to find that color elsewhere if it suits your fancy).

ORIGINAL (SILLY) REVIEW:

I must say that a large part of the glowing review I'm about to give is due to the color of my shoes, which, incidentally, is not shown among the dozen or so variants available here. My pair of 574's are mostly black, with light grey "N" logos stitched on, a white strip above the sole, white portions by the top lace eyelets, and a PALE YELLOW rear "kick guard" or whatever you'd like the call the plastic strip on the back. This particular combo looks killer, and I don't see it here.

But I digress... Typically, when one goes to buy a casual sneaker, they have two things in mind: Looks and comfort. Sometimes, comfort even comes AFTER looks if you are really bent on your appearance. Versatility and longevity are OFTEN not primary factors. It's a street sneaker; you aren't looking for high-end sprinting performance to rival Usain Bolt, or the ability to wade through crocodile-infested swamps while silently pursuing a band of ruthless mercenaries.

The New Balance 574 delivers soundly in both leading categories of looks and comfort. For the first 20 minutes of wearing them and strolling around, I was alarmed by the awkward feeling they provided, as with every pair of new shoes (particularly New Balance) that I have bought. This quickly subsided as my feet readily accustomed to the shoes, and now they feel like part of my body. So...comfort, check.

And the LOOKS... When I first stumbled across the 574, I had frankly gotten sick of the typical shoe design--lots of cheap "synthetic uppers" made of whatever synthetic material it is they use, and "bling" in the form of gaudy, glued-on plastic trash that usually peeled off after a few weeks and contributed a frenetic, busy appearance reminiscent of a Jackson Pollock painting. The 574 does away with this nonsense. First off, forget what cliches may exist for suede shoes (especially blue ones), the suede used for the uppers on these is MUCH nicer than the typical "synthetic" [material]. In addition, the shoe is simple (at least mine are, with only neutral tones) and lacks glued-on tidbits, meaning that you won't be leaving a trail of spare parts behind you once the shoes age a bit. The big "N" logos scream "retro" and I think they look pretty cool. I see a lot of folks wearing New Balance shoes, and although all of them are pretty good quality, mine seem unique and a step above the typical "generic" style.

But wait, there's more! So they are comfortable, and look the part. What about those "bonus" features? Well, I haven't gone on a mercenary pursuit lately, but I can say that I jog, cycle, exercise, walk around the kitchen, go to class, go to work, drive, and push cars with these things...no problem. What's more, and this is entirely true, I rode a camel up Mt. Sinai and then walked all the way back down...in these shoes. And they literally look "none the worse for the wear." Seriously, they aren't high-traction hiking shoes, so I slipped a bit on the gravel, and these shoes didn't have a mark on them afterward.

Moral of the story? If you like suede, retro-ish, comfortable, durable, and generally great shoes that don't require a trip to the loan officer at your local bank, then don't hesitate to buy the New Balance M574 sneakers. They really are that good.

The New Balance 574 

Popular posts from this blog

Ballet Shoes Location Undertale

Ballet Shoes Location Undertale . Pacifist, neutral and genocide run belong to undertale's team I've tried messing around with the enemylocation coordinates, but doing so only gets the location to the point where the text bubble is too close to the. Ballet shoes belongs to Toby Fox. Mad Dummy | Undertale Japan Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia (Vera Stewart) Discover Bloch dance shoes for adults, covering all dance genres including ballet, jazz, tap & contemporary. Advance onto split soles for more flexibility as your dancing skills develop. Ballet Shoes. weapon is ballet shoes armor - old tutu recorder - Bandicam www.bandicam.com i like Undertale so i uploaded this video,. Ballet Shoes. weapon is ballet shoes armor - old tutu recorder - Bandicam www.bandicam.com i like Undertale so i uploaded this video,. A wide variety of ballet shoes options are available to you Find ballet shoes stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos,

Polo Ralph Lauren Men's Faxon Low Sneaker

Great fit and feel comfortable. Just got a pair of dark gray these days, I tried them and fitted like a glove. I took everyone's advice to get a smaller size since they run great and the size I ordered this in perfect. I tried them on and they look very comfortable to walk in but I still need to try them outside the House because I am walking away. These shoes look good for the material and so are the colors. The perfect size for my understanding. I just hope they last for a long time and I will be buying more color in the next few weeks. Great Quality Why choose Polo Ralph shoes ? One of them is that they have a nice classy casual look. You can wear them in any pants or shorts and still look respectable. Two is that they have a reasonable price. You get what you pay for and much cheaper than other brands. The Logo is perfect and that's how great the quality of shoes you have the cries. You can try the shoes must be confident because I believe. No guesswork and a

New Balance Women's WL574 Pop safari Pack Running Shoe

New Balance, is dedicated to helping athletes achieve their goals. It's been their mission for more than a century. It's why they don't spend money on celebrity endorsements. They spend it on research and development. It's why they don't design products to fit an image. They design them to fit. New Balance is driven to make the finest shoes for the same reason athletes lace them up: to achieve the very best. Step back into classic retro style with this New Balance running shoe . This model features a suede/mesh upper for a premium look and an ENCAP midsole for added support. Love the colors These shoes fit the same as other new balance shoes that I have had in the past. Plenty of toe room. I choose an 81/2 because that is what I wear in most shoes. True to size and I wore them to the gym the day after I got them. Probably not a running shoe but since I do more walking than running these work for me. Love all of the bright colors! Perfect NB Shoes for my